The Shanghai Jiao Tong School of Design is composed of an “Innovative Design” discipline cluster that includes architecture, design, and landscape architecture. It promotes a harmonious communion of humanities, arts, science and technology that upholds a prestigious institutional example of international education and brings together the world’s leading masters of design. In the UK QS World University Rankings, the Art & Design subjects at Shanghai Jiao Tong University have been ranked among the top 100 in the world for four consecutive years. The 2019 UK QS World University Architecture and the Built Environment Discipline ranking listed Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s subjects as among the top 50 in the world.
Faced with this momentous occasion, we are seeking qualified candidates from around the world to take part in this exciting venture. Young scholars are invited to join us at the Forum to share their research, concerning either cutting edge theories or knowledge transfer in the field of design. In addition to scholarly exchange, an important agenda of this Forum is to encourage aspiring young scholars to join the Shanghai Jiao Tong School of Design.
The forum will be held from 27th through to 29th December 2019. Academic themes are grouped under three disciplines in the School, namely Design, Architecture, and Landscape Architecture. The principal academic themes (though not exclusive) are:
- High-end equipment and intelligent design
- Information and interaction design
- User experience design
- Architectural Design Research and Future Directions
- Architectural history, theory, and technology
- Urban and rural planning, and heritage protection
- Integrating natural urban renewal and ecological restoration
- Landscape architecture history, theory, and design
- Landscape plants and applications
- Young scholar age definition: 40 or younger.
- Ph.D, or Ph.D candidate close to completion, from a university of international standing.
- Recognized academic accomplishments in the above fields or allied disciplines.
December 27th, 2019
December 28th-29th, 2019
Keynote Lectures & Young Scholars Academic Sessions
How to Apply
- Application:Please download and fill out the registration form and send it to [email protected] with your full academic CV by 25th November, 2019.
- Acceptance and Invitation: Official Invitations for accepted participants will be issued by the Forum Committee by the end of November 2019 via email. Please check your inbox in due time.